Saturday, August 19, 2006

7 years


I've just added a site meter. I found someone in Brazil visited my blog....interesting. How did she/he find my page?

It's Saturday. I'm working. It sucks. Well, not all day. Before coming to the office around 4:00pm, I had my second Pilates class and also tried "Step" class which is like aerobics using step. I saw myself in a mirror and....I looked pathetic. Very clumsy.

It somehow reminded me about my friend, Yumiko. She was beautiful, smart and....a bad dancer. Yes, "was." She passed away 7 years ago. She was my best friend from a college. We made a month long trip to the former Soviet Union. She was working on her Ph.D in Turkey when she had a heart attack. She was 30. She had a fiance. We all asked, "Why her??"

I've lived 7 years more since then. I can't help but wonder, have I used this precious 7 years meaningfully? Hmmm....maybe not.

BTW, I've just started reading "The Devil wears Prada." It's fun. I'm not sure if it's "meaningful"......well, sometimes you need some fun:)

6 comments:

diablo said...

this death this is incredibly random. i had a good friend in high school who was killed in a car crash our junior year. we hung out a lot then suddenly he was gone. no explanations, no warning, nothing. weird that is.

diablo said...

i meant death thing. i suppose i could preview but there's no time to do it right the first time...

vuboq said...

I was horrible at Step aerobics. No coordination whatsoever.

We've been friends for 7 years now, so I think they have been meaninful (at least from my perspective)!

TDWP: I hear the movie is better than the book.

diablo said...

and i hear the movies sucks (a bit)

Tomokito said...

whatever. i don't need a dictionary to read this book! yey.

pony said...

I am none of the visitors that you mentioned on your list. I was just looking at a blog and then I pressed that "next blog" button on the top bar. I kept reading because you had a friendly tone and actual interestig things to say unlike many other blogs I have seen. I wish I knew how to put a site meter on my blog. I gott go figure that out.
http://bigpony.blogspot.com