Monday, November 05, 2007

Fun Weekend and The End Of Daylight Saving Time

It was a weekend full of fun. I took a day off on Friday. I had never took a day off during the week for no reason before. It was great. I woke up around 8:30am and saw people going to work. It felt great. I made a pancake for breakfast and had some coffee. Mmmm…. And then went to the gym, fixed lunch and took a nap. Mmmmmm….. And I was on time (well, actually a little late) for Happy Hour for the first time! Woo Hoo!! I and Steven met Mike at Halo. Halo changed their Happy Hour policy, and my first Cosmo was disappointing. The second one made by a nice bartender was good, though. The man at the bar told me “I love your dress, shoes and necklace. You look great.” I said “Thank you!” Then he said (or I thought he said) “Don’t tell me you are tranny.” I said “Whaaattt? Nope, I was born as a woman.” He looked confused and said “Oh, no, no, no. I said ‘attorney.’” Whew.

We walked to another bar to meet Jerry, Steven’s friend, and had some beer. More fun. Then we had a dinner at Skewers. Yuval joind us. Yum. I ate a salad with bugs (or so Mike believes…they were actually shrimps). Yuval gave us (me and Steven) a ride home. I dropped by Bar Steven for a fabulous martini. I love Bar Steven. Always Happy Hour. No hidden cost. The owner/bartender is niceJ And you can walk home!! It takes less than a minute! You can’t have more.

On Saturday, I watched Japanese historical drama on DVD. Then went to swim at the gym. Then I and my husband went to IKEA to buy…finally, a cabinet with a gift card my friends gave me as a house warming present. I had also bought some wine, martini and champagne glasses with the gift card. There is still balance left in the card, so I’m planning to stock up some booze….yey! Thanks everyone!

On Sunday, I did grocery shopping at a Korean store and went to pick up my friend who lives in Arlington to go to Korean massage/body scrub together. I crossed the Key Bridge, saw her apartment complex, and…..it passed…..Awwww……somehow I ended up in Kennedy Center. I hate Key Bridge. After wondering around somewhere for 40 minutes, I managed to go back to Key Bridge. This time I called my friend and asked her to navigate me to her place. I made it. Whew. I. Never. Cross. Key. Bridge. Again. After the massage and giving her a ride home, I went home. I cooked, cooked, cooked….for 2 hours. I don’t have to cook for a week. Or more. A problem is my husband doesn’t know how to appreciate the art of cooking. For him, “thinly sliced burdock (it takes forever) fried and stewed with thin sliced beef in a sweet soy sauce” tastes same as just simply grilled beef. He can’t say difference between homemade herb marinated beets and canned beets. I need someone who appreciate my cooking….

1 comment:

vuboq said...

I would appreciate your cooking! Come cook for me (vegetarian only please!)! Oh, and I looked up "sushi" in the Urban Dictionary, and it means what we thought.