Thursday, July 19, 2007

Shoes Matter


First, an answer to Bala Wala Shi’s question. I usually buy shoes online from Zappos.com and Shoes.com. They have an extensive variety of shoes (more on Zappos) and you can search by heel height, color, size, etc. You will not really get a real bargain, but the best thing about these sites is they are free shipping BOTH WAYS. So you can order shoes and try them on, and if you don’t like them, you can just return with no cost. I have recently noticed SmartBargains.com has a good deal though its variety and stock is limited. I sometimes find a “find” at Overstock.com. I’m not impressed by Bluefly.com so far. Too expensive. To just feast my eyes, I go to Neimanmarcus.com….just to look at beautiful shoes which I can’t afford. If you want to find bargain manolos, you should go to your nearest Neiman Marcus store. They sometimes have last chance clearance sale, and you can buy a pair of manolo for a little more than $100 (hey, it’s manolo!).

In a meantime, those flip-flops continue to bother me. I mean, why do you choose to wear flip-flops when there are hundreds of beautiful shoes out there??? I don’t get it. And I told this to VUBOQ last night, and he said I should blog about this…..I often see women changing their flip-flops to pumps or sandals in a metro or a park on the way to their office. And they put their flip-flops into their purses or handbags! EEEEWWWW! No, they don’t put those flip-flops into a plastic bag or wrap them with something before putting them into their handbags full of her other belongings. And they do vice-versa on the way home. I just can’t believe it. Do they know sidewalks are not really clean??

Besides, you never know who’s checking you out on the street, girls! You may be missing opportunities to be picked up by shoes-or-legs-fetish- millionaire-bachelors (oh, well, maybe not in DC, but, anyways)! Believe me, you look more fabulous in a beautiful pair of shoes.

Oh, wait a minute, look who I’ve got married to…..never mind.

3 comments:

vuboq said...

it's all about the shoes. that flip-flops in the purse thing completely grosses me out.

em nadim said...

i totally agree. flip flops in bag are disgusting. i bet you they have their lipstick and eye liner in the bag too.. eww. but there are some stylish flip flops out there. i don't understand why people (men and women) insist on the fugly ones. and what's wrong with sandals? can't they just wear sandals?

Anonymous said...

I mostly prefer buying josef seibel shoes online....