Monday, January 22, 2007

Snow!

Snow! It's the first snow this winter. I don't like snow anymore (I used to be so excited to see lots of snow since I came from the southern part of Japan where we had little snow), but it's still beautiful.

Friday night, I went to Mike's Game Night gathering. There were Steven, Roberto, Tiger, Darryl, Sven (I'm still not sure of his name) and Mike's roommate. It was fun. I learned a card game called "Garbage." I was totally screwed, but still had fun.

At the party, I asked Mike and Roberto: "Don't I look a little different today?" Roberto: "Did you change your hair?" Me: "Nope." Mike: "Did you have sex?" Me: "YES! Last night!" R&M: "Congratulations!" Me: "Thanx!" R&M: "With who??"........A little later, I told Steven: "Did I tell you I had sex last night?" Steven: "Really? Congratulations! With who??" Ahem. FYI, I'm married.

Since most (if not all) of my readers are my friends and most of them are already aware of (or tired of hearing) my "issue" with my husband, you know it is a news. Well, I haven't told my female friends about this issue.....because most of them are Japanese. Girls usually don't talk about sex in Japan. Conversations like in the Sex and the City are almost taboo. Once I tried to talk to one of my Japanese female friends here about my "issue," but her reaction to my first sentence discouraged me. Anyways, it was not only the first sex this year but also....in more than 6 months. I raised this issue to my husband, and finally we did it last Thursday. Let's see when will be the next one.

How important is sex for you? Well, for me, it's important. I can live without it, but I need it. First, it feels good. Second, it makes me feel alive (somewhat). Third, it makes me believe that I'm still a "woman." On the other hand, sex is not that important for me in a way. I mean, quite frankly, I can have sex with someone who I don't love or care. I didn't like one of my ex-boyfriends as a person at all, but sex was great. I have to admit that I tend to have emotional attachment to the person after having sex with, but not always. I may be OK if I find out my husband has sex with other women. But since I know that my husband can't have sex with someone without any emotional attachment, in reality, I won't be OK. Am I selfish? Oh, BTW, I've never had sex with anyone but my husband since we started dating. I swear. But one point, I thought about it. I still don't know if I can do that. I don't know why not, neither.

Anyways, I didn't do much on Saturday. I and my husband watched DVD "Little Miss Sunshine." We both liked it very much. Sunday afternoon, I went to see the movie "The History Boys" with Steven, but at the theater in Dupont Circle, we found out that the movie was canceled because the projector was broken. How could it happen?? We decided to have some margaritas at Alero. We had a half pitcher and brunch. I also had a liquor coffee which kept me warm until I got home. It started snowing a lot, so I went home and watched DVD "Pirates of Caribbean" with my husband. OMG, Johnny Depp! So hot! Now he is my second most favorite actors in the world....the first is always, and will be forever, Yusaku Matsuda, a Japanese actor.

3 comments:

em nadim said...

sex is important for me too, i think it's important for everyone. did you see "short bus"? it's a cute sex film.

vuboq said...

"with who?" - ha. it's funny that we all asked that.

Anonymous said...

The company should ensure the writers are able to offer professional nursing papers. Now you do have to understand that the actual number for this profession is subject to many different factors. (PHN) Public Health Nurse - These are Registered Nurses that are specialized in community health. Online schools also provide better flexibility in time.