Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Eat mochi!

According to Japanese newspapers, two elderlies were suffocated by rice cake in Japan...so far. The news is almost Japan's New Year ritual....It's a Japanese tradition to eat rice cake (mochi) on New Year's Day. Since mochi is very sticky, several old people die from suffocation every year. This year is not an exception. I haven't eaten mochi yet this year....I bought some, though. I may eat them tonight trying not to make a headline on a Japanese newspaper.
 
Another news from Japan:

TOKYO (Reuters) - A troupe of dancers in skin-coloured body suits had Japanese national broadcaster NHK apologising to viewers of its New Year's Eve music special for what seemed to be a full-scale Janet Jackson-style wardrobe malfunction.

The dancers, who all appeared to be topless and wore skimpy bikini-style bottoms and feathered head-dresses, covered the stage during a performance by singer DJ OZMA, prompting about 250 viewers to phone in and complain.

"The dancers were wearing body suits, but we apologise for any misunderstanding," a presenter announced towards the end of the 57th annual "Red and White Song Contest".

"I guess it looked a bit too real," local media quoted the singer as telling reporters after the show, which regularly tops viewer ratings on New Year's Eve in Japan.

You can watch the video on YouTube, if you are interested. You can seach the word "DJ OZMA."

Here are my New Year's resolutions....In 2007, I will......
 
1. Learn how to dance Argentine Tango. The class will start on Thursday. I'm so excited.
2. Read more books.
 
And I will TRY to.....
3. Be a better person. Be a better friend to my friends and be a better daughter to my parents.
4. Move.
5: Have a baby (!)
 
I'm in the office, but not really working....
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

em nadim said...

baby! that's great!!! i can't wait.

you are a good person already tomokito, can't imagine how you will be like after becoming even a better one.. mmm, are you planning to be an angel of some kind? ;)