Friday, September 01, 2006

Summer! Wait for me!!

It's cold and rainy! Ugh. I'm having the first hot chocolate for the season. Has the summer really gone already? Wait! I haven't enjoyed it enough! How many SAM (Saturday Afternoon Margarita, I'll explain it later) have we had this summer? NOT ENOUGH! Ahhhhhhh!

OK, I'll try to think some happy things. There is this joke about "the happiest (straight) man in the world." There are some variations, but usually he has a Japanese wife, a Chinese chef, an American house, a British butler, a German car and an Italian(? I'm not sure) lover. And the unhappiest man has a Japanese house, Chinese wage, an American wife, a British chef, and....I don't remember. So, I was thinking of "the happiest woman in the world." For me, an Argentine husband....no, I was just trying to be diplomatic....let me start over. For me, a Singaporean husband (Tony Leung is accepted here), a Beverly Hills house (OMG, my Japanese-English dictionary has vocabularies like "Beverly Hills 90210" and "Beverly Hills Cop"!!) , a Thai or Vietnamese chef, a British bartender and an Italian lover. Sigh. I have none of them.

How about you??

2 comments:

vuboq said...

Hm... definitly not enough SAMs this year. We need to remedy that!

As for me and being happy? definitely a Thai Chef and a British Bartender. I like my little American Condo, too. The husband? Impossible. BUT, I'll take an Italian lover, a Spanish lover, a Greek lover, hmm... Indian, Thai, Chinese ... I'll just take a lover from every country.

Oh. And Bill Gates' credit card.

em nadim said...

.. and a beach house. maybe two beach houses: one above the equator and one below the equator so that it will be summer the WHOLE year.