Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Piano Woman


It was a fun weekend. Friday night, I went for Happy Hour at Tapatinis with Steven, Mike and Darryl. Our strong will and courage for Martinis beat the tropical storm! I had 3 Martinis and 2 Margaritas (I think). It was fun:) Saturday morning, after Pilates and treadmill, some supernatural force dragged me into DSW. My regular gym is located just next to a gigantic DSW. How could I resist? I stepped into the store saying "well, I'll just look at them....just look....." Alas, they were just in the middle of 3 day-sale "extra 30% off already reduced price." Ahhhhh....well, I was strong enough to stop buying after two pairs. And they were total of 80% off!

Then I and my husband had a lunch at Pho 75, a Vietnamese noodle shop in Rockville, and dropped in a thrift shop. I bought a beautiful green suede trench coat for $10, and a $12 Burberry-like trench for my husband. And.....I bought a YAMAHA electronic piano!!!! It was $30! Its highest C-key is broken, but it really doesn't matter. It can make more than 100 different tones and about 30 different rhythm. I used to play piano until I was 18, and wanted to start playing it again. I'm so happy! I spent the rest of the afternoon playing with my piano. I've mastered so far "Piano Man," "Eleanor Rigby" and some classics. At night, we watched DVD a Japanese movie "Kamikaze Girls." It's a cute and bizarre movie.

On Saturday, Steven and Mike invited me for a picnic at Rock Creek Park. I picked up Steven and Mike, and Dennis, a Mike's friend, and his super-cute dog, Luna, joined. We played croquet. Mike won again. I improved a lot. I was the third. It was a lot of fun. At night, I and my husband played a dice game until 1:30 am. My husband didn't want to stop until he won more than I did.....finally I became sleepy and convinced him to go to bed. We played 12 games, I won 7 times and he won 5.

On Sunday, I and my husband went to Annapolis. I had never been to Annapolis. It was fun.

Tomorrow, Japan's princess Kiko will give birth to her third child by C-section. My mom e-mailed me to see if I wanted to bet on the sex of the baby. She thought it was a boy. Me too. So the bet couldn't be completed. It must be a boy. We'll never have Empress. Well, I don't care anyways.

2 comments:

em nadim said...

tomokito! we should re-name you: the queen of shopping. i should drag you with me when i go shopping for good luck!

vuboq said...

I agree with bala wala shi! You should become a personal shopper, Queen of Bargains!

I heard on NPR this morning that "It's a BOY!" *Japan goes crazy*