Saturday, November 01, 2008

Contrex

It seems that all Japanese pregnant women are drinking this French water "Contrex." It has 11% Calcium and is said to ease constipation. I read recommendations on Japanese magazines and books and one comment actually said it's "must have" for a pregnant woman. I tried to find it like at Whole Foods and Trader Joe's but they don't have it. Maybe this water works only for French and Japanese pregnant women. I checked Contrex website and found out it was available at Wegmans in Virginia. Maybe this water works only for French, Japanese and Virginian pregnant women. Last Friday, I was going to pick up VUBOQ's friend from NYC at Dulles Airport (I had no idea why he picked Dulles to fly in to DC...he said just because the ticket came up first on the discount ticket website) so I decided to drop by one of the Wegmans near the airport. Of course I got lost (I don't go to Virginia, you know) and it took an hour and half to find the store. I bought 6 bottles of Contrex. Yay.


I can see this gorgeous golden tree from my sofa...the photo does not catch the whole beauty of the tree....

3 comments:

Eight Lives Left said...

Hi there - I'm VUBOQ's friend Sassy and I happen to live in the same town as that same hellforsaken Wegman's. :) If you need a refill on the preggers lady water, just let me know!

ShallowGal said...

I was so picky about my water when I was pregnant. I made Charles buy me this ultra expensive brand at Balducci's. What can you do?

xoxo, Amy

goblinbox said...

You should have purchased a whole CASE considering all the hardships you suffered to get to the damn store!

I always wondered what French, Japanese, and Virginian pregnant women had in common. Now I know... THANKS TO YOU.