Friday, April 25, 2008

LBD Laura Bennett on QVC

If you watched Project Runway season 3 (is there anyone in this world who didn’t watch it?), you know fabulously glamorous Laura Bennett. As you may already know, she has her line “LBD (little black dress, of course) Laura Bennett” available on QVC. I’m still on a waiting list for THE little black dress (again, if you happen to have one in XS, return it immediately) , but I bought a cropped jacket and a satin coat with corset detail. Both of them are very glamorous and chic just like Laura. You know, I have noticed that most of my wardrobe is kind of….too funky for 38 years old. Laura gave me something missing in my wardrobe. Yeah, glamorous, chic and grown-up look. Thank you, Laura!

I posted a review for the coat on QVC website but it has not been up yet.

About the coat. It is a little big for me (I bought XS in Champagne) and the corset detail was not as shaped as I expected, but it is still gorgeous. Oh, I needed to use double-faced adhesive for the hems of the collars to avoid them being curled to outside. I especially love the fabric and color. It’s a little shiny but not too much. It’s very well constructed (again, as Laura always does) and light. It goes perfect with business suits, jeans and dresses. You can add a little glamour to any outfit.


I love, love the cropped jacket. To be honest, I wasn’t sure if I wanted it when I saw the photo, but it’s great looking when you actually wear it. As Laura explained on QVC, it’s basically a cropped trench coat. What a great idea! I’m wearing it today with my shirt dress. I’m definitely feeling glamorous! I’m sure it goes well with jeans, too.






No comments: