Saturday, March 01, 2008

Vera Wang

Today at a liquor store, when I was buying tequila and triple sec (yes, to make Margarita!) , a woman at the register told me "You know, I was thinking you look like that designer woman in Oprah....are you the designer?" I had no idea because I never watch Oprah. To be honest, I hate her. Then the woman asked another store clerk "Hey, you watch Oprah. You know, that woman in the show.....the Chinese or somethin'.....the designer...." He said, "um....you mean, the designer who make wedding gowns? Yeah, she looks like her!" OK, now I got it. It must be Vera Wang. And this was not the first time someone told me that. Last year before Christmas, at my friend Steveandbobby's Christmas tree decorating party, this Cambodian guy told me that. He even wanted to take pictures with me and show them to his sister to tell her "I met Vera Wang!"

Um.....guys, if you think that is a complement, I'm not sure about that. Sure Vera Wang is a great designer. If you are saying I'm as talented as her, that's a complement.

Whatever. What is she doing on Oprah, by the way?

3 comments:

em nadim said...

Valentino was also on Oprah. She is the best sale agent ever and is very powerful. That's why they go on her show.

I don't think you look like Vera Wang.

Tomokito said...

Bala Wala Shi: Thaaaaaanks!

goblinbox said...

It could be worse. People tell me I look like Janice Joplin... and she's been DEAD FOR A LONG TIME PEOPLE.