Monday, September 17, 2007

Gloria Gaynor in the south side of 8 mile road

It's quite depressing here. People have no health insurance and are
losing their houses. Yet mothers still hold their heads up high. They
are really cool.

I passed the now famous 8 mile road. According to a local person, the area around 8 mile road is actually quite a nice area.

I've just finished reading "To kill a mockingbird." It is a great book. I
just bought "An Invisible Man" today. I'll start reading it tomorrow in
a flight to KY.

BTW, people call small diners "Corney Island" here. In any other places in US, too?

4 comments:

vuboq said...

Never heard of calling diners that before. Maybe it's a midwest thing?

vuboq said...

I asked my cousin about the "Coney Island" diners. I'll tell you about them this weekend :-)

Anonymous said...

I used to live in the Detroit area, and the only time we used "Coney Island" was to refer to these monstrous hot dogs. :-)

Acostaaaho said...

Hospice care manages pain and symptoms during the patient's last days, while palliative care concentrates on managing pain and symptoms on an ongoing basis for patients who are have long-term disease. During the winter, northern "snowbirds" migrated to warmer climates in states like Florida and Arizona. Your child's safety should always be the priority and our budget should follow. A Division of Nursing was founded in the Office of the US Surgeon General, Public Health Service.