Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

It was fun weekend. On Friday, I really wanted martini. I dropped in a liquor store near my office after work and grabbed a bottle of Vodka (Skyy....sigh) and Vermouth. I had some martinis at home. Then my mother-in-law called me. She said she was in an emergency room because she had high fever and was short in breath. I called my husband and brother-in-law. She's got a bad case of pneumonia.

Saturday, I visited my mother-in-law at the hospital, headed back home and then met Steven and Mike at Alero Cleveland Park for SAM Me and Mike's Birthday (SAMMMB) edition. Steve and Bobby joined us. It was THE perfect day for SAM! We ended up in consuming four (?) pitchers of margarita. Then we walked to Dupont Circle and had a dinner at Italian Kitchen (?). It could have been the first going-home-drunk-together night for me and my neighbor downstairs, but the vicious, unrepentant, bitter, old, queen neighbor betrayed me...:-p So I went home alone.

The neighbor has been forgiven for buying me a movie ticket and opening his special gin for my birthday:-) Sunday, I went to the hospital to visit my mother-in-law again, and then went to see the Pirates of the Caribbean 3 in Silver Spring with Steven and his friend Y. The movie was good, but I needed more of Johnny Depp. We had margarita again at Austin Grill. Yum. I love my new neighborhood.

Monday was my birthday, the national holiday. I visited my mother-in-law in the morning and ran to Home Depot and Shoppers for some shopping. My friend in NYC, Ayako, called me on my cell phone to say Happy Birthday. It seems that her husband's family lives very close to my new home...nice. The vicious, unrepentant, bitter, old, queen neighbor invited me for the special martini at his place. OMG! The best martini ever! He needed to leave for a party so I went home. My husband came home, and we went to pick up my new TV. Yey! Now I can watch Sex & The City on big screen in the couch, which I did at the night. My husband had no present nor plan for my birthday. After having a Chinese carry out dinner, I got furious. So I decided not to talk to him and watched SATC drinking beer.

Except for the last part, it was a great birthday weekend.

2 comments:

vuboq said...

It was 5 pitchers.

I'm glad you liked the movie. And the gin!

Boo on the Husband. No gin for him!

diablo said...

(belated) happy happy birthday!