Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Viva Patricia Field and Comma Cafe!

This year's Oscar was another disappointment. I know it meant to reward Scorsese. But Best Director award was enough!

Anyways. I'm excited to know that Patricia Field, the costume designer for Sex & the City, Ugly Betty and The Devil Wears Prada will create a line for Payless Shoesource!! She wore one of the shoes on the red carpet. See the photo.

My Nevada trip last week was interesting. I stayed at a hotel in Reno and visited Carson city. Reno is a kind of Middle Class Consumerism Wonderland. If you are lucky enough to earn some bucks from slot machines, there are jewelry shops, all-10-dollars-apparel stores, gun shops, games for kids, all waiting for you. Of course, there are bunch of money loan, if you lose. How convenient!

In Carson City, I dropped in this super cool Cafe "Comma Coffee." It's a really nice place, and I wish we had this kind of place in DC area. If you ever have chance to visit Carson City, don't forget to have some coffee or mate tea (yes, they have mate!) or lunch there.

No comments: