Wednesday, December 03, 2008

McDonald's Apple Pie

My new food craving....apple pies. I baked some last weekend, but now they are gone. And this afternoon, after the flu shot (my ob doctor recommended it. I had a mercury-free one, just in case), I suddenly wanted to eat McDonald's deep fried apple pies. I ran to the nearest McDonald's and found out that their apple pies were now....baked.

I googled, and it seems that McDonald's has replaced their deep fried apple pies with baked ones since 1992. I also googled in Japanese, and found out that they are still selling deep-fried version in Japan (at least until last year). Hmmm...interesting. Well, baked one wasn't bad. 2 for $1! Of course I ate both.

FYI, according to the StephenKing.com, Checker's sells deep fried apple pies.

No comments: