Saturday, August 18, 2007

Sports Bar and Karaoke Bar

Saks shoe floor dwarfs Imelda Marcos collection


Diablo sent me this link. I have to go to NYC. NOW.

Last night was so much fun. We missed you, though, VUBOQ. I joined Mike, Darryl and Atul at this new gay sports bar Nellie's after work around 7PM. I usually don't like sports bars, but this one was surprisingly cozy and nice. And $2 Snow Queen vodka drinks Happy Hour! We had several rounds of drinks on the first floor, then moved to the roof top. It was soooo nice. We had more drinks, and more laugh. We became hungry and decided to eat downstairs. Food was again surprisingly good. We shared Mac&Cheese fritters (yes, it's fritters! Again I usually don't like mac& cheese, this one was good), Buffalo Wings, Caesar salad (I and Mike couldn't eat this because of the lack of silver ware) and mini burgers. We ate like baseball players.

Then we walked, walked, walked......to go to see Atul's friend working at a Karaoke bar. I don't remember the name of the place, but apparently everyone had been there before. It was an interesting place for me...people were singing Karaoke and TV was showing...."Family Feud." And some people were very friendly in very strange way.

We left around 11:30PM, I guess, and sweet Mike gave me a ride home.

I'm planning to go to hair cut today....to Hair Cuttery. Then I'll visit my friend Miho who recently bought a town house in Rockville.

Oh, where is my long post about my vacation in Hawaii? It's coming, coming....

1 comment:

diablo said...

Deep fried mac and cheese. What's not to love? And really, can a gay bar also be a sports bar? i suppose it depends on the sports they're playing.