Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Some random thoughts

I'm less cranky than yesterday. I just had lunch with Yasuko, my fabulous friend, at a Mexican/Peruvian restaurant "Casa Blanca." They have really good food at really good bargain price.

Let me just summarize my last weekend. Friday, Happy Hour with Steven, Roberto and Mike at Halo. Fun as always. Saturday, BBQ hosted by my sweet neighbour next door. Lots of fun. Sunday, I invited my Vicious, Unrepentant, Bitter, Old, Queen neighbour for my experimental Tom Collins and watched some episodes of SATC Sixth season. We reaffirmed our love for Samantha and Miranda. Then VUBOQ neighbour headed for fun True Colors concert, which I stupidly gave up for attending Japanese people's party.

This weekend, I don't have any plan so far. Maybe some cooking, a recipe from today's Washington Post. And gym, and reading. Maybe some drinking.

BTW, I found this article on Washington Post the other day, about "What Bugs Me." A man complains about "environmentally friendly" automatic hand dryers. He said "They never dry your hands unless you let them run for five to eight minutes. And if you actually want to wipe something off your hands or shirt, blot a spot or wipe anything, you can't do it. And suppose you want to rinse your face? How then does one dry his or her face? People do spill things --soda, food, ice cream -- and need to wipe it off. What is one to do? Use an undershirt? " Basically he wants paper-towel dispensers back. OK, here is my suggestion. How about having handkerchief with you? I do. Actually we were punished if we didn't have handkerchief at school in Japan.

No comments: