Monday, October 15, 2007

As cranky as bad hummus

I bought hummus from Whole Foods yesterday. The expiration date was November 3rd. I opened it, dipped a baby carrot in it and ate it. It tasted sour. Something stung my tongue. I smelled it. Agh. It was bad. How could I know something that had been sold in Whole Foods yesterday was already bad?? I immediately sterilized my mouth with martini. It worked.

I've been cranky. I've been living and working in this country legally for years. I pay tax. I've contributed to US economy by buying lots of shoes. I have career and life here. I can't get a job in Japan. No one wants to hire a woman over 30 with experience in Japan. I'm a gender refugee. So why does this country refuse to give me a permission to stay a little longer? It's so unfair. I have to fight.

3 comments:

em nadim said...

hire a lawyer.

Tomokito said...

I do have a lawyer. And he failed my case twice. I fired him and get a new lawyer. Another several thousands dollars. AGH.

em nadim said...

I hope this time it will be worth your money (and anxiety).